Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Unknown

COPS SPEAK OUT AGAINST ABUSE!

Acting provincial Commissioner Jan Scheepers urged community members to stop looking away when seeing one being abused.

LIMPOPO police went to Nkambako Village outside Tzaneen on Monday to raise awareness of women and child abuse.

During the launch of their 16 Days of Activism for No Violence Against Women and Children campaign, acting provincial police commissioner General Jan Scheepers said turning a blind eye to abuse was a huge problem.

He urged residents to be vigilant so they can avoid falling prey to abusers.

“Real men do not abuse or rape women and children.

“If we work together we can reduce the rate of woman and child abuse,” said Scheepers.

He also warned youngsters to stay away from drugs and alcohol because substance abuse made one vulnerable to abuse.

Scheepers said real change began at home.

“Fathers must learn to be take charge and ensure their children grow up under good leadership.

“That is the only way they will understand the importance of protecting others,” he said.

Former gangster Ronald Nkuna urged young people to stop doing things that put them in trouble with the law.

He said he was diagnosed with HIV after being arrested in 2007.

Ronald said: “I was part of a gang in our area and when I got arrested I never thought I would be abused.

“I was raped all night by other inmates.

“It was so painful.

“Then I discovered I was HIV-positive when I went for a test.

“Crime doesn’t pay

Unknown

About Unknown -

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :