Thursday, September 21, 2017

Unknown

SAVED BY MY ANCESTORS!


Zanele Matholengwe escaped death after a truck smashed into her shack in Lusaka on Wednesday morning.

ZANELE Matholengwe (33) believes her ancestors saved her in her sleep.
“I could have died,” said Zanele, from Lusaka squatter camp in Nyanga, Cape Town.
Zanele was sleeping alone in her shack on Wednesday when she heard a loud bang

“I thought it was a dream but I realised my ancestors had saved me when I saw a huge truck parked right next to my bed,” she said.
“Had it moved an inch more it would have landed on my head and it would have crushed my TV, cupboard, bed and stove.”

She said she also saw a bleeding man standing next to her.
“He was injured and crying,” said Zanele.
She said she was home alone at the time of the incident.
“My sister had gone to visit her boyfriend.”
Another shocked shack owner Noandile Sikeyi (46) said she also heard the big bang while sleeping with her husband in the shack nearby.

“We thought we were going to die but luckily our ancestors and God protected us.”
Zanele’s shack was the worst hit of the three shacks affected by the crash.
Bongiwe Beja (40) from the neighbourhood watch said thugs are a huge problem in the area.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if they are behind the crash. They put stones and zinc sheetss on the road to disturb motorists. Sometimes they shoot drivers who don’t stop. We are just happy that no one was killed.”
Rashaad Mayed, the operator of the truck, said they will assist the affected families to rebuild their shacks.

He said according to his driver he was stoned by thugs and lost control.
Cape Town police spokesman Warrant Officer Henry van Niekerk said a case of reckless and negligent driving has been opened.

“It is alleged stones were thrown at the truck which resulted in the driver losing control of the
vehicle.”

Unknown

About Unknown -

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :